Dook’s 240sx – The Parts Bin

It’s been a few days since the last update, but all of the parts i ordered from Driftmotion came in. I bought way too much shit to even list, but you get the picture(s)

OS Giken STR Twin Plate Clutch with pull-to-push conversion

Single turbo conversion kit

Dook’s 240sx Cont.

Small updates from the past few months. Been pretty busy/lazy so not much has happened.

Started by getting the twin turbos off of the motor.

Then i got to work removing the shitty ABS system to make room for the new power plant.

Decided to also get my calipers powder coated. On my previous cars i always went with gloss black, but this time i felt like doing something that stood out.

Also installed the GKTech extended handbrake levers.

Still waiting on my plethora of parts that i ordered to arrive, so in the meantime i figured i would take care of something that was really bothering me. I was baffled when i got my motor and transmission and saw how shitty the design for the tripod bushings was….

So in an effort to get rid of the sloppy ass feel of the shifter i bought some of these solid bushings and installed them.

No more sloppy shifter! Mission accomplished.

Also, got my subframe all braced up and ready to be re-installed.

Here she is all nice and powder coated with the SPL solid bushings installed.

SPL rear suspension arms that i’ve had for over 2 years finally getting installed.

Everything adjusted and installed. Subframe ready to go back into the car.

Don’t have any pics of it back in the car, but i’m sure everyone knows what that looks like anyways.

Should be picking up all of the parts i ordered from DriftMotion for the 1J build tomorrow, so stay tuned!

– Dook-E

Dook’s 240sx – The Beginning of all Things Awesome

Recently picked up a 1JZ-GTE from J-Spec Auto out in Virginia. Really pleased with the quality of the motor/accessories and the fantastic customer service out at J-Spec Auto.

1JZ arrival (600x800)

First thing’s first, HAD to get started on the removal of the TT setup.

photo (1)

photo (5)

photo (6)

Got that all done and realized that there wasnt much more that i could do until i get back from vacation. With the motor at a standstill, we decided it was finally time to rip the ABS system out of the car to make room for the new motor. It never worked anyways and i’ve been meaning to tear it out since i first purchased the car.

photo (2)

photo (3)

Got the unit removed and all of the lines. Replaced the lines with factory Nissan non-ABS hardlines.

photo (4)

Looks so much cleaner with all of that flim-flam out of the way.

photo (7)

More progress to come when i get back from vacation. Stay tuned!

– Dook-E