This original DMAX type 3 bumper has only seen damage off the track. Yao caught a curb and managed to mess up the front bumper. Luckily, Eric is able to help get things put back together and repaired! Looking better already
Here is Yao with some gauge goodies!
Basically I’m pretty horrible about taking pictures in the midst of a mod to the s13, but looking at the pictures, you can pretty much see how it is done. Dook-E and I (more Dook-E) got a MDF sheet from home depot and proceeded to make a new gauge cluster for the S13. We have incorporated the AEM UEGO Failsafe that I won in a build thread contest back in February from Motormavens. The other gauges are from SpeedHut and includes a GPS MPH gauge with a small RPM gauge built in. And because of voltage issues, I have put a Volt gauge in as well.
First of all, the speed hut gauges are awesome. The GPS MPH gauge allows me not to have to put in my speed sensor and run it off a GPS signal. This gauge can do much more though, 1/4 mile times, Odometer, directional indicators, etc. They also allow fully customize able faces and needles. I will get pics soon with the MDF painted and mounted, but here is the crude shots for now.
Other then that, I was wanting a new diff for a long time, since I had a welded diff. Came up on a KaaZ super Q 2 way diff for the S13. Thanks to JSFab for hooking it up and the installation.
It has been a while since I posted on the site and I apologize. There has been much going on in the car side and life side 🙂 . The ride is coming along great! The car was dyno’d at 375whp @ 16lbs of boost on 91 octane. Numbers arent bad and I recently attended VegasDrift event in July and found the car to be quite responsive! I am currently working to get the car pretty with a new paint job and suspension setup. Here is some pics of the car how it sits right now (unpainted). The setup right now is:
- Full Dmax type 3 kit
- Dmax front 40mm fenders
- Dmax Rear 50mm fenders
- VIS Dmax rep FRP hood (not in pic, but in possession)
- Work Equip 01s 18×10-6 18×11.5 -26 on Potenza RE011s
As you can see the s13 definitely needs some paint and love, but it is coming along great.
P.S. Yes I know…the ride is on monster truck status 🙂 lol
It’s been a few days since the last update, but all of the parts i ordered from Driftmotion came in. I bought way too much shit to even list, but you get the picture(s)
OS Giken STR Twin Plate Clutch with pull-to-push conversion
Single turbo conversion kit
Small updates from the past few months. Been pretty busy/lazy so not much has happened.
Started by getting the twin turbos off of the motor.
Then i got to work removing the shitty ABS system to make room for the new power plant.
Decided to also get my calipers powder coated. On my previous cars i always went with gloss black, but this time i felt like doing something that stood out.
Also installed the GKTech extended handbrake levers.
Still waiting on my plethora of parts that i ordered to arrive, so in the meantime i figured i would take care of something that was really bothering me. I was baffled when i got my motor and transmission and saw how shitty the design for the tripod bushings was….
So in an effort to get rid of the sloppy ass feel of the shifter i bought some of these solid bushings and installed them.
No more sloppy shifter! Mission accomplished.
Also, got my subframe all braced up and ready to be re-installed.
Here she is all nice and powder coated with the SPL solid bushings installed.
SPL rear suspension arms that i’ve had for over 2 years finally getting installed.
Everything adjusted and installed. Subframe ready to go back into the car.
Don’t have any pics of it back in the car, but i’m sure everyone knows what that looks like anyways.
Should be picking up all of the parts i ordered from DriftMotion for the 1J build tomorrow, so stay tuned!
Recently picked up a 1JZ-GTE from J-Spec Auto out in Virginia. Really pleased with the quality of the motor/accessories and the fantastic customer service out at J-Spec Auto.
First thing’s first, HAD to get started on the removal of the TT setup.
Got that all done and realized that there wasnt much more that i could do until i get back from vacation. With the motor at a standstill, we decided it was finally time to rip the ABS system out of the car to make room for the new motor. It never worked anyways and i’ve been meaning to tear it out since i first purchased the car.
Got the unit removed and all of the lines. Replaced the lines with factory Nissan non-ABS hardlines.
Looks so much cleaner with all of that flim-flam out of the way.
More progress to come when i get back from vacation. Stay tuned!